We are the Syracuse Chapter of
We are a Christian cooperative support group of homeschooling families in the Syracuse area. We invite anyone in the county of Onondaga to be a member. Take some time to look around and please contact us if you have any questions.
Our member year runs from July 1st through June 30th.
Our applications are now available here.
- May meeting: This meeting is being held at the Dewitt Library in Shoppingtown from 7-8:45 p.m. on Monday, May 4. It will be a business meeting and then we will have a discussion of the committees that make LEAH run and what they entail.
- The NYS LEAH Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center in Rochester, NY at 5 p.m. on June 6, 2015. This is in conjunction with the 31st annual NYS LEAH Conference.
Registration is due by January 31st. Registration forms may be obtained at leahconference.com/commencement
- Red Cross swimming lessons for ages 5 and up at Valley Pool start in October. You must be a member to join.
- Lady Eagles Basketball– for girls 12-18. It is parent-run and started in 1994 as a way for girls to learn basketball skills and also learn team work and love of the Lord. For more info email Laura Brimhall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Syracuse Christian Homeschool “Wolfpack” is a competitive boys basketball team for grades 7-12 (junior varsity and varsity ages 12-18yrs). This program affords an opportunity to participate in competitive high school sports within a student’s home school education. Our purpose is to be an excellent, competitive high school basketball team for LEAH member home school families in Central New York. We desire to develop God-given athletic abilities in a positive, enjoyable environment.Our season starts with an orientation meeting for both parents and players in early October. Practices begin in mid-October, with games beginning later in November and continuing thru February. We typically play two games per week, sometimes three. Games are generally Tuesday, Friday or Saturday, with some Thursday’s possible. Practices will be Monday 6:30-8:00 AM, Wednesday 6:30-8:30 PM and Thursday 4:30-6:30 PM. Practices are subject to change depending upon the game schedule for the week.Practices are held at Believers Chapel, at the corner of Thompson Rd and Northern Blvd in Cicero.If interested in learning more, please contact Dave Smith, AD at email@example.com, or Scott Gregory, Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
AND HOME EDUCATION CONFERENCE
June 4, 5, 6, 2015